All articles published by the SOUTHERN JOURNAL OF SCIENCES (SJS) are made immediately available worldwide under an open access license Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0). This means:
- everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles published in the SOUTHERN JOURNAL OF SCIENCES;
- everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given;
- open access publication is supported by the authors' institutes or research funding agencies by payment of an Article Processing Charge (APC) for accepted articles.
Open Access journals are no different from traditional subscription-based journals; they undergo the same peer-review and quality control as any other scholarly journal. Moreover, Open Access allows for maximum visibility, uptake and use of the published material.
Why Open Access?
- Quick discoverability: With open access, researchers can read and build on the findings of others without restriction.
- Public enrichment: Much scientific and medical research is paid for with public funds. Open access allows taxpayers to see the results of their investment.
- Research exchange: Open access means that teachers and their students have access to the latest research findings throughout the world.
No special permission is required to reuse all or part of article published by the SOUTHERN JOURNAL OF SCIENCES, including figures and tables. For articles published under an open access Creative Common CC BY license, any part of the article may be reused without permission provided that the original article is clearly cited. Reuse of an article does not imply endorsement by the authors or the SOUTHERN JOURNAL OF SCIENCES.
- The authors retain the copyrights and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) which permits use, sharing, adaptation, distribution, and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The images or other third-party material in this article are included in the article's Creative Commons license unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the article's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.
- The authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after the complete submission process and final publication of the original manuscript.